Sunday, March 8, 2009

hey jeff.

i've been thinking about you all week.

at softball the other day, we had a bit of a team-building day.
we had to tell everyone about some event that changed our lives.

while everyone chose their first day of high school and the first times they played softball... i chose you. losing you.

this experience is so hard.
there's something every day that reminds me of you.
it's killing me to think that out of all those times we spent together, i never knew the real you.
i tell myself every day that i shouldn't regret anything that's happened in my life... but i can't let this one go.
you were always there and we were always close... but it could have been different.

for now i'll just look at my batting gloves and your initials on them; because this season, this varsity season... i'm playing for you.

1 comment: